2015年6月21日 星期日

Long brunch &.... dinner?

It is always nice to take a day off & hang around with fds to do nothing~~ XDDDD

SO! I did! 

Went out looking pretty with a fd n went for a lovely brunch in Causwaybay~ 



(( ↓ ↓ CLICK TO READ ON ↓ ↓ ))

I'm terrible in remembering addresses, especially this fd of mine is the expert in dining at nice places. I sort of just followed n eat~lol 

The food, well, in a place like this i would consider it to be fair. However, everything there the portion was huge!! We are people who are used to get up late and eat slow..... and we could not take in a full meal with starters and main course and etc.... In the menu, all of them were full course brunch, no other option, even I wanna to order just fish n chips, it was not possible. So, we ordered 2 drinks and one set of brunch to share. The manager asked to confirm, we told him yes, as the portions were too big.

He sounded pretty hesitated,  slightly sarcastic: "we don't normally SHARE a brunch".

I wan't really aware of his tone of voice at that time, but thinking back, it was actually rude. It is not like we did not asked whether we could order sth small in portion. They said they just don't hv anything else. = ="

Apart from that, the food was quite good~ XDDDD Hash brown with egg~~~
I just love freshly made hash browns~!! I can't stand the oil soaking out from it when it cools, so eat whilst it is hot~~~~

MEAT MEAT MEAT~~~~ >////< The portion does not look big~ but imagine you are eating all of this, alone? God..... I bet I'll put on so much weight!!


Finally the cheese............ Bread was way to hard for me, I prefer it to be slightly soft, but I didn't make a request, it was alright~~~ Cheese, I cannot make a comment, I don't know much about them, but I do like cheese with strong tastes. >W<


So, finished that, ordered drinks and enjoyed the afternoon gathering with my fd~~~ Then........ felt like to hv sth sweet......... I was gonna order a hot chocolate or some desserts, but my fd suggested we move onto another place~~~~

This is an upstairs cafe just behind Times Square, it is a cozy little place, can't say nicely decorated, but I believe the owner tried.  



So obviously I went for the afternoon tea, doesn't matter the fact that it was 6pm. XDDDD
I was reminded by my fd, the owner had to be a guy, look at the small details like the glass and the cutlery. They are the kind you would expect to see in local Chinese tea restaurant (茶餐廳). 

Well, im not saying it has to look expensive, just i would be expecting sth a little more delicate on the table, especially with afternoon tea...


I ordered a latte to go with my tea.... but oh my god!! Minions!!!!!!!!!!! That was a huge surprise!!!! Loved it!!!! 

The cup was actually quite nice, but with that kind of cutlery and napkin, i'd rather they chose plain coloured tea cups to go with all that.....


My fd's latte was the typical sun, still cute anyway~~~ lol

Then, came the food~~~ Looked delicious!! I liked the way they set the spoons, looked like a ribbon~~ >w<

However the plates.... urgh... i'd stop now, clearly the owner is a guy and he buys plates and cups individually and, obviously didn't think twice about them.


My fd said im gonna get fat, cos i had not hesitation of starting my meal~~ lol 

Come on guys! its dinner! XDDDD

Okay, dig in, um.... sorry, had to point out sth very nice! I guess it was the owner himself(?) came putting the set on our table, he actually bothered to introduce them one by one so we know what to eat first. 

As he was so nice... i couldn't help but to shut up abt the fact that... normally, the sweets go on the top plate, and the sandwiches go to the bottom.... which, is the entire opposite to how he put his.....


The salmon with cream cheese and  black truffle croissant was fine, safe option on a tea set really.

But!! the next layer wasn't These three pieces, i ate the melon & ham,  I also ate the toppings on the ege salad sandwich & veg salad burger..... Reason being, the bread was hard like they hv been just pulled out from a fridge.

Finally, to the layer i was looking forward to~~~ Urm..... well, i only just realized that i forgot abut them photos completely!! Shoot, sorry guys....

Anyway, from the precious photos, you can kindda see that there were 2 types of scones, one is green tea/matcha(?), the other was coffee. Them........ the coffee tasted fine, just a too hard, more like a short bread to me..... but the green tea one......... sorry, couldn't take a second bite. It's bitterness was strong, but it wasn't the nice green tea/matcha taste bitter, it tasted too artificial type of bitter.

Finally~~~ The cakes~!!! They . Were . SOOOOOO . NICE!!!~~   OK, there were 3 cakes: tofu, earl grey and hawthorn. 

Start from tofu~~~ it was sooooo creamy! it was a fine tofu taste, not the sugar type sweet, but the fresh yellow bean type sweet~~~ >//////< really liked it!!

Next was the earl grey cake.......... hum.......... I think switching from tofu to earl grey was a little odd, but hawthorn was even stronger, so had to be earl grey first. Hum............. I'm not good at describing food, but this one, well, you can call it to be nice if you are not a fan of black tea. For me, I'd prefer it to hv more tea taste than a sweet cake. 

Finally came the hawthorn cake........... er............ never really liked hawthorn things, but it was fine to put into my mouth, not super sweet, it was actually quite refreshing after eating all the above. JUST, im not into hawthorn. OH WELL~~~~ The texture of the cakes were very nice, the portion of the case base and the cream was just right, so you don't get that feeling of "too much base/cream". That's why even I didn't like the flavor i was still able to eat it~~~ XDDDDDD This shop, recommended~~~~ 

沒有留言:

張貼留言