2013年9月15日 星期日

Lantau afternoon tea~(?) XD

 huhuhu~~~~

Since i was in mui wo for the weekend, Mochi n I went to hv a cheap afternoon tea in the Silvermine bay hotle! This hotel was sold to the current owner this yr~~ in my point of view, he/she is actually doing a pretty hood job! They now offer accommodation packages for tourists, launched a completely new menu and advertisements sent out. Lots more promotion done! There're even BBQ night during the mid autumn fest. 

When i went past the hotel, there were obviously more ppl in the dinning area than be4! As I saw a large poster of the cheap tea set, i decided to give it a try.



 It was actually quite a comfortable afternoon, so we sat outside. Not till after we sat down, we realized it was such a relaxing place to eat!! The breeze... the sound of tides... the warm sunshine... the 180 sea view… Jesus!! I've never thought it would be this nice!!>/////< I think i can sit there all day with just drinks and a book!



Anyway, we stuck to our plan, we ordered a tea set for 2, and also an extra spring roll~ XD Im so gonna get fat i know… dont remind me~~XD

 
First came our ice lemon tea…… i think it lacks of the tea taste a bit…… slightly too watery. =^= also dunno was it just me, i think the portion was sooooo small(?) @^@

We waited, of coz, for everything to arrive together for photo~~~ XDDDDDD



Um...... Somehow looks different right? Take a look at the menu again~~?

Yeah..... definitely different..... =______=!!!

I knew it, cant be that cheap for all them cakes!! T^T So, had what was provided......

I like the spring roll, very hot, very crunchy~ But, can tell by the general taste it was one of those ready made spring rolls. Um.... I like ready made spring rolls, so I like them anyway~~XDDDD

Tea set...... er.......... start from bottom~~ Sandwich, not bad, many toppings and salad cream~~ If not for the salad cream, I think this whole thing would be tasteless.....


Then the cakes........ Surprisingly, not bad~! The sponge cake was nice~!!! Not sticky, texture very light, felt as if it melt inside the mouth~! The lemon cream was nice too~~ Just a little too sweet, but Mochi said he really like that~ >W<


Strawberry......... again, sponge cake nice, but the cream..... urgh!!! Fake strawberry taste..... ="= Also, the strawberry looked very dry......... I was there at about 4:00PM, fruits can't be in this state that early? =0="


 This~~ Oh~~~~~~~ Looked very ordinary right? It was Mint Chocolate Cake!!!!!!
IT was lovely!!!! Not too sweet, very minty!! Sometime other mint choc cake reduced the minty taste so its acceptable for everyone to eat. This here was just right for me! >W< I like it!!!!
 

 Finally...... Chocolate cake~~~~ Um....... Not bad, again, but ordinary~~~ However, a little surprise was gained~~ The piece of decoration use chocolate, it was REAL chocolate!! Not a piece of "chocolate looking sugar"~~!! I was quite surprise when it melt in my mouth~!>W<
I was expecting for the worse(sugar) after all~~~ XDDDDD

 
Finally............ fruit tarts............. Urgh............... Dried, tasteless, cream inside was not enough, I think they bough it from a random bakery, not hotel made = =!!!!



Overall.......... Not all that bad, but definitely cannot be compared with normal hotel standard tea set.  For around 60 HKD per person, I think this standard is slightly low, cos all the fruit are so ugly!!! = =!!! This is a cheap afternoon tea, can't expect much from it, but if we r just to talk abt the sponge cakes...... that, WAS NICE!!  

As usual, self loving pic for closing!~XDDDD


沒有留言:

張貼留言